Gun Metal Scrap
Gun Metal Scrap. It is known as a copper-tin cast alloy, with zinc or lead additions. With a wide range of special properties, gunmetal is the most used form of tin bronzes. It has corrosion resistance properties, resistance to stress corrosion cracking and dezincification. This metal has been used in building valves, screwed/soldered/pressed fittings and more in the sanitary and heating industry. With correct composition, the gunmetal is also used in water filter and purification installations. Due to gliding and emergency running properties, the metal is also used frequently in drive technology, especially plain bearings. With suitable properties, the gunmetal is a standardized valve and plumbing material in a wide range of industries. At Teka Scrap LTD, we specialize in collection and transportation of gunmetal scrap right from your doorstep – at highly competitive prices!
Gunmetal is also known as G-metal and is primarily composed of 88% copper, 10% tin, and 2% zinc. The common gunmetal scrap in the modern times, includes gears and bearings which are used in heavy loads-low speed applications. As gunmetal can withstand corrosion (atmospheric, steam or seawater), it is highly used in steam fittings, valves and pump parts.
Why Recycle Gunmetal Scrap?
- Recycling maintains the viscosity and cast strength of gunmetal
- Recycling retains high casting, machining properties, combustion efficiency, and resistance to corrosion from salt water and steam
- Gunmetal is very strong, used for various products due to physical ductility
- Gunmetal is especially corrosion-proof
- Environment friendly processing
- Gunmetal’s high Cu content makes it low-dezincifying
- Useful in manufacturing more diverse gunmetal products
- Economical, easy to mould and cast without losing any properties
Do You Need to Discard Gunmetal Scrap?
Simply call us for reliable collection and transport services in Australia. We collect all forms of gunmetal scrap, offering competitive pricing depending on the purity and condition of the scrap.